The CourseWebs Learning Management System lets you quickly and easily create online courses and exams
Our Learning Management System makes developing online courses easy! The LMS lets any instructor create an online classroom that includes exams and quizzes, discussion forums, and HTML content. The Instructor's Control Panel lets instructors create and modify course content, create exams and quizzes, administer students and their grades, and much more.
Learning content management systems should be intuitive for the student and the instructor. Our solution puts the instructor in control of the distance learning course. The intuitive interface makes building a course quick and easy. The entire system is browser-based, so there is nothing to download or install. The system can be used on any platform (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.) and is accessed over the Internet. The system also works equally as well over intranets and LANs.
Learning Management System Features
- Student progress tracking and controls.
- Enhanced exam retake options.
- Easy online exams and quizzes. Very powerful exam system.
- Automatically generates customizable certificates for passing an exam
- Certificates are PDF FILES (or HTML) that can be saved and printed.
- Built-in shopping cart for self-registration. Use your merchant account or PayPal to accept payment for courses and exams
- Easy content editing through your browser. No downloads required for instructors or students.
- Visual hierarchical outline building tool
- Designed to be used by non-technical people.
No knowledge of HTML or programming needed
- Browser based rich text content editing
- Content can also include multimedia (e.g. audio, video, Flash, Windows Media), PDF and PowerPoint presentations.
- Content can be authored in another platform and included in CourseWebs.
- Built-in discussion forums
- 100% Browser based. Platform independent. Works in Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Opera, and Firefox
- Supports credit card processing for student registration
- Very cost effective, flexible and customizable
- All courses, content, exams, etc. are password protected and require registration for access
- Registration allows self registration and the option to send an invoice to be paid later
CourseWebs is compatible with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Chrome.
Online Exam and Assessment Software - Advance LMS Features
Each course has a built-in database for exam questions. Instructors load the questions into the database then create exams and quizzes based on them. The exams and questions can be edited, deleted, and re-used anytime for a quick feature rich online examination system.
- Questions can be multiple choice, true/false, short answer (fill in the blank), multiple answer (checkboxes), and essay.
- Exams can be timed or untimed.
- The system can automatically create exams by randomly choosing questions from your exam question database.
- The system will randomly order the questions for each student.
- Exams can be turned on or off and have a date range for each exam.
- Multiple choice, multiple answer, true/false, and short answer questions are automatically graded.
- Detailed score report breaks down student responses by category.
- Students get instant results on automatically graded exams.
- Students and instructors get instant results via e-mail.
- For each question you can enter feedback that the student will get when reviewing the exam.
- Control review options: review correct, incorrect, both, or neither.
- Allow students to retake exams, limit total attempts and cap retake scores.
- Automatically generates a numbered certificate of completion on successfully passing an exam. You customize the certificate.
- The Certificate is a PDF file that can be customized in any way.
- Students can download the certificate even after their enrollment has expired.
- Instructors can "manually" grade and rescore an exam if necessary.
- Exams are taken through the browser and requires no downloads or plugins.
Powerful Shopping Cart with eCommerceCourseWebs includes a full featured shopping cart to allow students to self-register for your courses. The cart includes numerous options for organizing courses, including the ability to register students for live sections (in-person, not online courses.) If you charge for your courses the cart will connect with your merchant account for credit card payments. The cart is compatable with most credit card processors including PayPal. The cart includes an invoicing option at checkout that allows users to pre-register for a course and pay by mail or over the phone. Here's a PayPal case study regarding CourseWebs.
Advanced Content Management
Our exclusive outline builder lets content experts create hierarchical outlines. Topics are presented to the student in a "tree-view" style hyperlinked and easy to understand outline. More information on our content management system...
Advanced Content Editor
The rich text content editor lets instructors create rich presentations without any knowledge of HTML. Creating and formatting pages is as easy as using a word processor. Graphics and multimedia files can be uploaded directly from the browser without using any FTP programs. The editor makes it easy to insert multimedia files such as images, movies, sounds, Flash animations and more. Course content can also include pre-built presentations such as PowerPoint and other rapid elearning authoring tools.
The file manager lets instructors upload their own files to the server for students to access. These can be html files, application files (Word, Excel, etc.) or multimedia files such as images or movies (avi, RealVideo, Flash, etc.) The file manager lets the instructor create folders and upload files through their browser without using any FTP software.
- Unlimited number of forums.
- Forums can be moderated.
- Students can attach files. This is handy for submitting assignments, for example.
- Instructors can edit or delete posts and forums.
- Advanced searching of posts.
- Automatically e-mail notification when someone responds to a post.
- Forum rules are fully configurable.
Does your project require SCORM compliance? Talk to us. The SCORM guidelines can be complicated so we implement SCORM functionality on an individualized basis. We will analyze the requirements and tailor the implementation to meet your (or your certification authority's) specifications. Just because an LMS says it is "SCORM Compliant" doesn't mean it will work for your requirements. By looking at exactly what the requirement is we can provide a much more useful implementation.
Server License Available
In addition to our hosted services, we offer a server license that allows you to run the LMS on your own servers. The entire application is developed in ASP 3.0 using VBscript. The source code is available under certain licenses. Server Requirements: IIS 6 or newer running ASP.NET 3.5; MS SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008)
More information on pricing...
Learning Management System & Assessment Software Resources/Links